How I'm different
and why it matters.
There are many fine real estate agents, and it seems as if they all claim to care about their clients. I think actions speak louder than words. Here are commitments which set me apart:
- I don't practice dual-agency.* That's what it's called when one agent represents both the buyer and seller on the same transaction, and therefore keeps the whole commmission instead of splitting the commission with a buyer's agent. Most brokerages encourage it, but that practice creates potential conflicts of interest and leaves one or both sides without true representation. That's why, when I'm a listing agent for an on-market listing, I refer unrepresented buyers to another Realtor available to be their buyer's agent. It creates better outcomes.
- I use a reasonable, plain-English, buyer representation agreement, and am developing a reasonable, plain-English listing agreement too. The industry standard is a legalese-filled, tiny-print, sign-over-your-first-born agreement, and I think that's awful! I don't want to ask you to sign something that I wouldn't sign myself.
- I always use professional photographers to present my listings in their best possible light. It makes a difference, and I want all the cards stacked in my client's favor. I also provide interactive floor plans for all my listings. Not all agents do. And as new technology becomes available, I stay abreast of the developments, so that my clients don't have to worry about getting left behind.
Of course, I do much more than that. Some other things you should know about me include:
- My listings get broad exposure with the widest distribution options. In addition to the 35,000+ participants on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service), my listings are syndicated to Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, Boston.com, HomeFinder.com, and many, many more. They even get shared with Waijule, a property site in China! The big brokerages have nothing on me.
- I'm proud of the many five-star reviews my past clients have given me, and think it's a reflection of how hard I work for them. In fact, many of my clients are referred by past clients. But you don't have to take my word for it; check out what people are saying: Yelp and Zillow.
- I'm a full-time, real estate professional. This is what I do. Did you know that as many as 80% or more of licensed agents are part-time, or do fewer than 1 transaction a year? I have more volume, which means more experience to leverage for you; of the ~650 agents that were at Century 21 North Shore in 2017, I was among the top 15. Buying or selling a home is a big deal, and you deserve a pro on your side.
- I have a unique combination of experiences and skills, which helps me excel in service of my clients. My background includes service in the US Army, and work in marketing at General Electric. I also earned an MBA from MIT Sloan, one of the top business schools in the world. My studies there included negotiations and marketing - skills that I use every day in service of my clients!
- I know this area like it's my own... because it is! I grew up in Massachusetts and have lived, studied, and worked around Greater Boston, including Cambridge, Boston, and Waltham. Now, I make my home in Brookline with my wife and growing family. This is my neighborhood, which means I love and promote it like a local. I am involved in the community and local organizations, including the Washington Square Minyan, American Legion Post 11, and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 864.
- But most of all, my goal is to treat everyone how I would like to be treated. My approach is to be highly responsive, provide researched recommendations, and not to pressure you.
Broker/Owner at Accent Realty
617-751-1040 | avi@AviRealEstate.com | blog.AviRealEstate.com
Get my unique real estate newsletter: Sign up here.
*Of course I make exceptions when it makes sense and is necessary to serve the client. For example, it's sometimes beneficial with off-market listings or non-residential transactions.